Come See our New Website

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Eric Gottesman's Photography in Issue 50!

We at HFR couldn't be more excited to have Eric Gottesman's photography in the upcoming issue #50!


 For over a decade, Eric Gottesman has been working in both the Middle East and Ethiopia exploring photography’s role in shaping and documenting people’s lives. Eric Gottesman had this to say in his recent email newsletter: 


Hi all, 


 It has been unseasonably warm in New England and I've learned a lot from my residency here at Amherst College, especially from the students. With students and guest speakers and colleagues, my mind is active with new ideas. It has been a wonderful place to be for the semester. This summer, I'll be back in Ethiopia for a few weeks to work on a project for which I received a 2012 grant from the Magnum Foundation; the first time they have given it to an artist that is not a photojournalist. I will also be in Labrador finishing up work for a show at the Addison Gallery for American Art in the fall with Wendy Ewald. 


My show at Clark Gallery near Boston opens this weekend. Come if you can. Here are the details: http://www.clarkgallery.com


 I'm watching the movie Pina in the background as I write this and she just said, "Dance, dance... otherwise we are lost." That seems like a good note to end on. 


 -Eric 


 Pick up the upcoming issue and marvel at Eric Gottesman's photography.

No comments: