Come See our New Website

Friday, October 7, 2011

News Around the Net

The Nobel Prize in literature was awarded to a Swedish poet who is, again, decidedly not Philip Roth.

The eastern hemisphere is none too happy about the choice either. Rightly so, it seems the Nobel has become a European only party with a splash of South America now and then.

Check out this slideshow of Simpsons literary references. Pretty comprehensive, but they left off my favorite.

The National Book Foundation has announced their 5 under 35 for this year. I didn't make it this year, but I still have 11 years to get there. Also, I have to write something. Wish me luck.

The future! This seems sufficiently lazy to me. Now I won't have to decide which books to read, and I don't have to get off my couch to read them.

Here's a small tour of Lovecraftian locales around New England
, apparently the creepiest place on Earth.

For fear of sounding like a total dick, congrats to Tomas Transtromer for being awarded the Nobel Prize, he's had a great career.

No comments: