Come See our New Website

Friday, February 18, 2011

News Around the Net

The difference between a great American novel and a Great American Novel. You guessed it: gender. Also apparently a certain level of obnoxiousness.

Then there's this. Here's to hoping there's really weird sex scenes and includes that fantastically absurd plane chase scene. I think this trailer actually managed to make building railroads seem exciting.

An essay on blurbing or not blurbing. I would probably be in the camp of not really wanting to blurb. I enjoy being able to read what I want, but that's just me.

So, uh, I think it's safe to say Barnes & Noble and Amazon won this fight, right?

Finding a literary agent, the hard way. And also the drunk way.

Here are some things that Kurt Vonnegut said (or, I guess, technically, wrote) better than anyone else ever has or will. Or so says this blog post. Which I tend to agree with.

No comments: