Come See our New Website

Friday, August 27, 2010

News Around the Net

Random House lays the final smack down on Andrew Wylie and The Wylie Agency and stops him from selling exclusive e-book rights to authors like Updike, Roth and Ralph Ellison to Amazon. Hooray for big, evil publishing!

The 2010 International 3-day Novel contest is coming up. That's right! A novel (or I guess more like a novella) in three days. It's on a weekend, so none of you have any excuses! Who else is down? Oh wait, I work. Never mind. But anyway, this is a great diary showing what it takes.

Here's a question for you: When's the last time you read a book by a female author? It makes me sad that I can't think of one at the moment.

Bad book recommendations. It happens to all of us. And it's why I don't usually give or take recommendations any more. I'll find my own way!

How to seduce a man into getting a free lunch using The Great Gatsby.

Anyone want a Twilight toilet seat sticker? An American Psycho belt buckle? A Sherlock Holmes finger puppet? (actually, yes, I do want that one.) But wait! There's more!

No comments: